Hmm. That title doesn’t have quite the same ring as Olivia’s version. “Lemme hear ya body talk, ya body talk….” But now that you’ve got that song stuck in your head let’s talk numbers. Numbers you say? Boorrrinng. But wait! It’s about you. Now we’re talking. Don’t worry, I haven’t become a born-again mathematician. Writing and traveling are still my jams. This is just a quick data detour.
I thought it would be interesting to see how this little site is plugging along. I connected Tableau Public (free data visualization software) to Google Analytics to get some insights into your favorite posts and where you’re tuning in from. Big brother, here! Just kidding, your search secrets are safe with me. I can’t name and shame, although whoever searched for “ladies of london recap” – so sorry I’m not the Bravo TV show you were likely trying to find. However, I can tell you what’s going on with those crazies and the race to be most popular between Caprice and Caroline (spoiler alert: Caprice is losing).
But back to the stats. Let’s take a look at the findings, shall we?
- Most of you are based in the US. I have a lot more family members than I realized!
- Ranking in 2nd place are my lovely British friends. Ace.
- Your favorite post was my writeup of Bergen, Norway. Good choice, no one can resist those fjord pics.
- Since April an average of 902 of you stop by each month. Don’t worry, I’m still Jenny from the Block. It won’t go to my head.
- I know this is small potatoes compared to most travel blogs, but it’s really fun to see how many people are stopping by. Over 3,600 since I started counting back in April.
Take a look for yourself. And lest you get offended, remember that you’re not just a number to me. I truly appreciate connecting with all of you here. Cheers, friends!